3.26.2007

it takes one to know one

thank god (and thank you, thee readers!), i have continued to get steady fan mail (aka: correspondence from friends- doesn't it just SOUND more glamourous?!), but i have discovered something new about you people... my fashionistas have become fashionistas with a CAUSE!!

on thursday, meredith surprised me with beautiful hoop earrings that featured various shades of my signature color (turquoise) stones. she needed a quick pick-me-up (i've been a bit down in the dumps), but the requirement was one with a deeper meaning. enter gray lady jewels, a jewelry shop out of riverdale, ny. they design classic jewelry, with a trendy edge- bracelets, earrings and necklaces. here's the best part. a percentage of each purchase is donated to the National MS Society and/or Habitat for Humanity. they will send your item(s) directly to your best friend, mother, sister, coworker, boss (i could go on here...) with a card that i swear could be handwritten. (either that or they have an awesome font generator that eerily matches mere's handwriting) even the card is classic, yet trendy!



today, i woke up knowing it was going to be a bad day. i was surprised to see i hadn't sprouted a 3rd eye, or the wicked witch of the west didn't greet me at the bathroom door. (actually, i spilled coffee all over my enter bed- the bedspread, the blanket, the sheets, the mattress pad.... i think it's time to admit i can't hold things with 1 hand anymore. does anyone know of classy coffee mugs with 2 handles? and no, not a sippy cup.) but my luck changed with the ding-dong of the doorbell and Fed X deposited a box on our front steps- it was so heavy that i thought a dead body was inside (since it was from Arnold, and we all know the hours my old team works, so it wouldn't have been much of a surprise- JUST KIDDING YOU GUYS!)

i knew that claudia had been working on packing up my cube, and since i hadn't seen evidence of my work life in months, it was almost like getting new toys! but lying on top was DEFINITELY something new. little miss lindsay, with her ever the roaming fashion eye, was catching up on some reading (free time, what? ad agency workers don't have free time!) when a write-up caught her eye...GLAMOUR had snagged 6 new designers to collaborate with Splendid on their "Fashion Gives Back" t-shirt collection, with 30% of sales going to the charity he/she supports. Rodarte's design, a collection created by 2 sisters from Cali, was benefiting the National MS Society. (you can't see this on the picture, but below the black and white bulbs scattered throughout the design, there is ONE illuminated bulb in the front which has the designers' john hancocks featured below!) i should have been on to their scheme, such tricky little kids- come to think of it, i had thought it was odd claudia had taken so long to gather up my things (she's usually johnny on the spot) ...but i just chalked it up to my cube being a complete paper-filled, forest-killing mess in my absence.

cheers to such thoughtful friends, who keep fashion in mind with philanthropy!
"I like my money where I can see it... hanging in my closet." (Sarah Jessica Parker/Sex in the City)

1 comment:

Lori said...

You wear it well sweets! You are definitely going to rock central PA and beyond!