1.13.2008

i realized that i had overdone it somewhere between falling against mr. reed during the sermon this morning and my head snapping forward from a subsequent spasm. mom took one look at me and pulled me out of the sanctuary, grabbing onto my arm so i wouldn't topple over. i remember thinking "hmmm, i think i might pass out. i don't know if i can make it down the stairs." i was thinking this very matter of factly, like you would think "oh, that man is eating an orange."

when i have good days, which to be quite honest are few & far between, i get carried away. can you blame me? they're practically a treat, like a mini vacation inside myself. hahah. yesterday was a prime example of this. i accompanied mom & dad to the gym, where i did 22 minutes on the treadmill (at a top speed of 1.5 mph- i know, total speedracer) and helped mom work a few of the weight machines. then i had my hair highlighted, which took forever and a day because jen had to foil all the short layers she had put in my hair the week before. then, i went to the movies with my girlfriend (and next door neighbor) debra. us and the entire town of lewisburg that is. seriously, i had never seen campus theatre that packed- the line was out the door! but no i'm still not done. after that, i went to eat a late dinner with my girlfriend jana and all of her friends. i'm tired just telling you about this.

this morning i decide that i'm also going to church. mom tried to talk me out of it, suggesting that no one was "keeping record of my attendance." (i didn't remind her that "He" probably is... ha) but i wanted to wear my new blazer (it's super cute- one of those short, 1 button numbers that have 3/4 bell sleeves) and i had burned the paolo nutini cd for jana. 2 totally applicable reasons to go to church i know. well once we get there and sat down (i convinced dad to drive us so we wouldn't have to go early to find a close parking spot) i started to realize how tired i was. and for those of you that don't remember, i'll remind you about my "walls". when i hit "the wall", our time together is over. we're talking game over, lights off, end of story. i hit the wall so hard that i have brick remnants in my fingernails. (ok so that was a bit much)

i thought i could make it through the service- it's just an hour after all- but i was sorely mistaken. oh how i was mistaken. my body started doing these little jerks that it does when i'm tired- left, and right, and front, and back... and, well, you know the rest of the story. mom hissed "are you ok? we should go." and that was about it. at first i was irritated and pissy that i had to leave, and started my rant of "but everyone else gets to do things on the weekend" spiel, but realized it was pointless and i was too tired to whine about it. so the rest of the afternoon was spent watching college ball (go hoosiers!) and the giants pull out a win against the cocky cowboys (my consolation prize since the colts lost.)

our annual girls weekend on the cape is coming up this week, so i'm going to rest up as much as possible over the next couple days. it takes a lot of energy to play scrabble, watching football, drink wine, and read the newspaper. and get through security at the airport. mostly the latter though.

No comments: