2.15.2008

can i please finish a sentence?

here is an example of what comes out of my mouth when i attempt to have a conversation:

"yeeshhsshshhhh i- i- i, mmmm, umm, need thoo make an appomen for a, um, um, beeeekenee waxsh." then my mom usually takes over the phone so that the person on the other end can actually understand my request. the words are there- i can hear them in my head! i can see them in my head! my uncooperative selfish little mouth refuses to form them out loud. i just want to PUSH it out of me. it's the most frustrating thing in the world. esp for someone that is constantly sarcastic and has a natural curiousity to be a part of the conversation. sometimes i just give up, and wave my hand like "oh nevermind."

my friends are great, and i'm really lucky they understand what i'm up against right now. but it doesn't make it any less embarressing. i'm not trying to say i'm a genius or anything, but i enjoy talking with people. how's your day? what happened at school? what's going on with that hot guy from 10am open swim? how do you feel about barack obama and oprah? did you receive yellow or red roses for valentine's day? but i can't have these conversations because

i. cannot. talk. i. cannot. complete. a. sentence.

ok, i'm done venting now. i am going to bed. all my attempts to sound normal at dinner tonight really wore me out.

No comments: