2.04.2008

gettin' by

remeron update: it has been almost 1 week since i started the new med, hoping to lower the intensity of my intention tremors. today, particularly in the morning, i felt an improvement. i was able to put on my own shoes, tie my own laces and even brush my teeth without ramming the electric toothbrush up my nose. ahhhh, that improvement, that tiny little speck of hope, it felt so good! i was trying to cherish it b/c i have learned those moments don't come frequently. and sure enough, as the day wore on, my condition deteriorated back to the intensity and frequency of last week's struggles.

i was ever so gently reminded of this when i almost fell down the steps, my left leg jerking out from underneath me and the right refusing to stay in one place on the stair. i gripped onto the ledge of the wall and slid (well, dropped) onto my @ss, my heart pounding from the close call. quite humbly, i swiveled myself around and worked my way back to where i came from- which required dragging myself up one step at a time, like a baby learns to navigate stairs for the first time. i did have some assistance in this endeavor- both maddie's came to my rescue. madeline, the cat, FLEW down the steps and screeched to a halt on the landing. meowing, she positioned herself directly behind me, looking up at me like "i got your back girl". then madisen, the dog, decided she would lend a hand- literally. she positioned herself directly in front of me, on the top step, pawing the air repeatedly. one paw, then the other.

hopefully my next remeron update will be with some lasting progress...

remember, you can view these postings directly on kit katchat's blog http://meggerv2.blogspot.com/



No comments: